Xorg 7.4 breaks mga with G450

Mark Knight markk at knigma.org
Thu Jan 29 06:05:41 PST 2009

In message <1233234690.1779.20.camel at wombat.2hip.net>, Robert Noland
<rnoland at FreeBSD.org> writes
>Ok, both of you seem to show a max pll of 600mhz with mga.  That seems
>wrong to me.  My information seems to suggest that the max clock is 310
>Mhz...  I may still be way off base here, but...

Not sure if this helps but I've remembered another box with a slightly
different G450 (DVI and PCI iirc), that I don't regularly upgrade and is
therefore working with a much older Xorg version:

  http://www.knigma.org.uk/scratch/xorg-old-mga-log.txt

I'm *trying* to restore a backup of the broken 7.4 machine so I can post
the Xorg.log from 7.3 for direct comparison on identical hardware.

Cheers,
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: markk at knigma.org
Tel: +44 7880 556751                            http://www.knigma.org/