Xorg freezes on second start

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 27 11:26:27 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 14:49 +0200, Владимир Новосельцев wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having the following problem:
> After recent xorg update, xorg-server started to freeze on second start,
> i.e. if X server started from console second time it completely freezes
> system.
> I've tried either radeon and radeonhd drivers, radeon from ports and
> from git, radeonhd from git. Then X started for the first time, I can
> switch to console and back with out problems. On second start it locks
> some where after mode-setting.
>
> System: FreeBSD/amd64 7.1p2, Gigabyte P35-S3 MB, CPU C2D E6550, RAM 6Gb,
> ATI Radeon HD3870 512Mb.

Given that this is a 3870, it is not drm related.  It is almost
certainly a radeon/radeonhd driver issue.  Can you please report
upstream on http://bugs.freedesktop.org.  You can add me to the watch
list, but I have a lot on my plate right now, so if I can get some of
the radeon folks to look at it that helps me a lot.

robert.