www/firefox3 + scroll wheel = hair loss

Esa Karkkainen ejk at iki.fi
Tue Jan 27 08:38:54 PST 2009

Hello x11 and gnome subscribers,

	www/firefox3 and scroll wheel mouse combination does not behave same
way as www/firefox.

	Browser is the only component which is change, ie. I restore the
.mozilla directory when I go from www/firefox3 to www/firefox.

	When I scroll web page upwards, www/firefox3 goes backwards in
page history sence.

	I did a quick google and found this page:

http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/entry/xorg_scroll_wheel_bug

	Which basically advices to ZAxisMapping from "4 5 6 7" to "4 5 4 5"
in xorg.conf file and that workaround did not help.

	Any other advice?

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."