libxcb-xlib.la: No such file or directory

Andrey andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:43:16 PST 2009

Hello,
I stuck having the same errors yesterday.
According to changelog of libxcb: libxcb-xlib was removed (1.1.92)

I had no idea how to overcome the issue, so, I went the following way:
- downgraded 2 ports x11/xcb-proto and x11/libxcb;
- copied /usr/local/lib/libxcb-xlib* staff to other place;
- upgraded 2 ports from 1 step;
- put libxcb-xlib* files into /usr/local/lib/
- upgraded as usual;

not that elegant (definitely not the right approach to combat issue) but
it worked.
However, I suppose, this case must be handled properly and not that way
I described.

--
WBR,
Andrey Kosachenko