How do I get the xf86-video-intel to work on a DELL D610 under FreeBSD 6.4?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jan 20 18:47:13 PST 2009

In message <200901210237.n0L2bgIj002006 at drugs.dv.isc.org>, Mark Andrews writes:
> > On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 13:19 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > >  > Ok, I think maybe I see what is going on.  Try not loading
> > > acpi_video.
> > > and
> > >=20
> > >         That did it.  Thanks.
> > >=20
> > >         Now where is the best place to record this bit of information
> > >         for others to find?
> >
> > Looking at the tree, acpi_video looks like it has been in 6 for a long
> > time... at least 2 years.  I'm not sure why vgapci was never MFC'd.
> > This is only an issue on 6.  7 and 8 will allow both to attach via
> > vgapci.
> >
> > robert.
>
> 	Do I need to file a PR for this?

I knew I had acpi_video in there for a reason.
Shutting the lid gives a blank screen otherwise.

#!/bin/sh
# deal with lid switch events

if [ "x$1" = x0x00 ]; then
        /usr/bin/logger -t Lid Closed at `/bin/date`
        /sbin/sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=0
else
        /usr/bin/logger -t Lid Opened at `/bin/date`
        /sbin/sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1
fi