Today's Radeon r6/7xx drm

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 28 09:37:57 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 17:12 +1100, Alex wrote:
> Is the new DRM code available for 7-STABLE yet? Will running a csup and
> rebuilding get me the updated DRM code?

Not yet, I'm not going to commit it until I can actually test it.
Hopefully sometime next week.  I have two competing patch sets... One
which is derived from what AMD intends to upstream to Linux and one
derived directly from drm git.  I won't get into the politics right now,
but it's really becoming difficult to work in drm git, or rather to get
useful code from drm git.  My intent is to commit the cleaned up code
that AMD plans to send to Linux.  It is very similar to the code from
drm git, as AMD has continued to do most of their development in drm
git.  The code that they intend to upstream has primarily just been
re-organized slightly and cleaned up.

The last patch that I made from git should apply to releng_7.  That
should be this one:
http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/radeon-r6-7xx-support-022409.patch

robert.