ports/132035: [patch] graphics/libdrm: allow slave ports use their own COMMENT

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 23 21:09:27 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 06:31 +0300, Anonymous wrote:
> Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 01:00 +0000, edwin at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> >> Synopsis: [patch] graphics/libdrm: allow slave ports use their own COMMENT
> >>
> >> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->freebsd-x11
> >> Responsible-Changed-By: edwin
> >> Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Feb 24 01:00:20 UTC 2009
> >> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> >> Over to maintainer (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
> >
> > Why do you want a slave port?  That is just going to complicate things.
>
> Things are already complicated enough that distfile for libdrm-2.4.5
> doesn't include
>
>     libdrm/nouveau/nouveau_dma.h
>     libdrm/nouveau/nouveau_private.h
>
> As airlied explained on #dri-devel I guess it was itentional to force
> users to only use version from git.
>
> > I don't see any reason not to install the various libdrm interfaces
> > right now.
>
> As I understand nouveau interface is not stable. It may go away to a
> separate branch one day. If that happens I would not need to touch
> libdrm port, only convert libdrm-nouveau from slave port to a normal one
> with snapshot as distfile and switch xf86-video-nouveau to statically
> link with libdrm_nouveau.a.

Lets wait and deal with it when that time comes... I will at least have
a say in what happens there.  Once we have something resembling working
nouveau drm code it may become more relevant, but I don't want to go
down this path right now if we don't have to.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD