XKB changes - grp:ctrls_toggle

Marcin Cieslak saper at SYSTEM.PL
Sun Feb 15 14:06:24 PST 2009

Dnia 09.02.2009 Coleman Kane <cokane at FreeBSD.org> napisał/a:
> You may come across a "kbd-pass-the-absinthe.diff" patch which is
> supposed to fix this mess (from Daniel Stone). When I tried using that
> one, all of my key mappings were messed up, and key-repeat stopped
> working properly (and also didn't "not work" properly either). The patch
> posted to the fd.o bug above works much better for me on
> FreeBSD-current.

Thanks for sharing this information, it is useful.

I didn't have any disastrous effects like this, but can you chec if
"grp:ctrls_toggle" works for you? Since the upgrade, I can't get it to
work (shifts_toggle, or single ctrl keys work fine).

Example setup:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc101"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "en,de"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrls_toggle"
EndSection

Two CTRL keys pressed should swap y with z, among others.

--
              << Marcin Cieslak // saper at system.pl >>