non working DRI on *i386* RADEONX1650+FreeBSD7-stable+Xorg7.4

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at jp.freebsd.org
Sun Feb 8 03:44:07 PST 2009

Thanks, Robert. I'm now clear.

> > 2. Do we need to update the userland, too?

> This depends on whether or not any specific API/ABI has been broken.
> Normally this should only be observed if shared library versions change.
> The above portmanager usage will just deal with it, even if
> PORTREVISIONS aren't bumped, though we attempt to bump all needed ports.

I updated kernel and userland to 7.1-STABLE anyway.

# uname -a
FreeBSD ML115.heimat.gr.jp 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #21: Sun Feb  8 09:49:36 JST 2009     root at ML115.heimat.gr.jp:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ML115  amd64

> > 3. If using portupgrade, is "portupgrade -af" better than
> >    "portupgrade -rf xorg"?

> I haven't used portupgrade in a long time, so I'm not the best person to
> answer this.  The primary concern is ensuring that all the needed ports
> are updated in dependency order.  Unless I'm mistaken, portupgrade -rf
> xorg is not what you want, as that would try to rebuild everything that
> depends on the xorg meta port, which is pretty much nothing.

Oh, my typo. It should be "portupgrade -fR".

I choosed, then, "make -DALWAYS_BUILD_DEPENDS -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER
install" in x11/xorg. And things seems going well except xfce4, which is
another problem.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki