non working DRI on *i386* RADEONX1650+FreeBSD7-stable+Xorg7.4
nakaji at jp.freebsd.org
Sat Feb 7 16:52:16 PST 2009
>>>>> In <1234026184.1562.47.camel at ferret.2hip.net>
>>>>> Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 07:24 +0900, Maho NAKATA wrote:
> > it seems DRI is not working on i386, RADEON X1650 FreBSD 7-stable, Xorg 7.4
> > 1. if we enable DRI, screen is garbled.
> > 2. without DRI, works, it works, and no problem.
> > 3. I have DRM loaded at /boot/loader.conf
> > drm0: <ATI Radeon X1650> on vgapci0
> > info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080613
> Please make sure that your -STABLE is up to date. The garbled screen
> should be resolved with the new drm code. If you are up to date. (your
> xserver at least was built against the old kernel), try rebuilding
Robert, I'd like to make a summary about "How to update xorg".
Is it right in general?
0. prepare to accept any troubles
1. update /usr/src and /usr/ports tree to the latest -STABLE or -CURRENT
2. build and install the latest kernel, and reboot
3. update xorg and related all packages using portupdate or portmaster
4. update /etc/X11/xorg.conf
5. enjoy the new xorg world
And then, I have some questions.
2. Do we need to update the userland, too?
3. If using portupgrade, is "portupgrade -af" better than
"portupgrade -rf xorg"?
More information about the freebsd-x11