ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Feb 4 08:32:01 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 03:30:03PM +0000, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>  I noticed just now that this PR is marked "priority: medium".
>  Given that this problem renders the X server utterly useless, and
>  there seems to be no workaround (or is there one?), I find this
>  strange. How about bumping the priority a bit?

Unfortunately the contents of the Severity and Priority fields in
the PR database have suffered from "grade inflation" and as such
have lost their meaning long ago.

Leaving them in the database is, at this point, just a bug.

In any case, with FreeBSD ports being all volunteer-driven, there's
really no requirements that we can put on the volunteers to prioritize
one PR over another.  It really depends on how motivated they are
as to how they allocate their time.

mcl