Can These Drivers Be Forcibly Removed From As Xorg Dependencies?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sun Feb 1 10:32:08 PST 2009

I have mostly managed to get xorg updated, at least up to a point.
portupgrade --batch -a -n reports:

--->  Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
        - x11-drivers/xf86-video-vga (marked as IGNORE)
        - x11-drivers/xf86-video-via (marked as IGNORE)
        * x11-drivers/xorg-drivers (xorg-drivers-7.3_3)
        * x11/xorg (xorg-7.3_2)

Can I safely do a forced removal of the vga and via drivers,
and then a pkgdb -FLa to rebuild dependencies, thereby (hopefully)
allowing the rest of the xorg update to be portupgraded successfully?

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com