[HEADS UP] Experimental 3D HW accel support for Radeon HD 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx, 2nd!

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Sun Dec 27 15:07:45 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 06:15:50 freebsd-x11-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> That is the issue, if we update libdrm then we lose drm support for
> nouveau.  The only immediate option that I see is to repo-copy libdrm to
> keep 2.4.12 for nouveau, but that leads to dependency nightmares...

WITH_NOUVEAU knob, along with WITH_NVIDIA_DRIVER? IMHO we need these,
especially for environments using the Linuxulator that the nVidia binary
replaces bits of (linux DRI), so setting this in make.conf shouldn't be
particularly onerous for people using one or the other. The situation is
becoming more complicated with regards to X on FBSD that the need for
things like this is becoming increasingly hard to ignore.

Either that or slave ports of the Xorg metaport for each situation to allow
for tinderbox/package builds of all permutations.
--
Matt Dawson
MTD15-RIPE
matt at chronos.org.uk