[HEADS UP] Experimental 3D HW accel support for Radeon HD 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx, 2nd!

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 20 19:58:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 00:34:22 +0900
Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at ninth-nine.com> wrote:
> > 	I'm ready to update ports related Mesa3D to 7.6 base, graphics/dri,
> > 	graphics/libGL*, graphics/libglut, graphics/mesa-demos and
> > 	graphics/libdrm.  Please see also my attached patch file.  I'll
> > 	update these as soon as tomorrow.
> 	Reworking for 7.6.1-rc4.  Please test attached patch.

	I confirmed that 2 *my* issue was fixed:

	1. bluish coloring
	   Because of Depth Color = 16, so I change Depth Color to 24.
	   Fix this issue.

	2. Too heavy FlightGear
	   I always enable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT environment.  It's
	   required by compiz.  But many OpenGL applications are not
	   comfortably.  glxgears's frames bump up to 2600FPS from
	   1600FPS by disable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT.