[HEADS UP] Experimental 3D HW accel support for Radeon HD 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx.

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 7 15:06:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 17:47 +0100, Marius Nünnerich wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 15:03, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> I use similiar setup(but with mesa git master) for more than a month
> >> without a problem. HD 3650 AGP. glxgear, other demos and even some old
> >> games in wine like deusex work fine.
> >
> > Openarena, UT, vdrift, nexuiz, etc... should all work fairly well also.
> > There are still features that are not yet implemented on r600, but I
> > tend to run all of the above all video options enabled on highest
> > settings.  Really large textures are slow and it seems like I found one
> > option that really hurt performance (bloom maybe), but otherwise they
> > are all more than playable on my HD4650 core2duo e7400.
> >
> > Disclaimer: I'm not a gamer... but I do use them for testing.
> >
> > robert.
>
> One thing I know is interesting for many people is playing World of
> Warcraft under wine. Last time I checked it wasn't even possible under
> linux with catalyst. Do you know anything about this or have tried it?

I've not tried it.  My primary radeon box is amd64 and I haven't tried
the patches to get wine up and running.  I've heard that WoW will run
under wine on linux now though.  I have not had anyone tell me if it
runs under FreeBSD as well though.  However, the features supported by
the driver are pretty much the same, so I would say it is worth a shot.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD