kwin composite w/ opengl on r600?

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 4 18:23:27 UTC 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 12:51 pm, Mark Atkinson wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
> > Actually, I don't see anything odd in this config.  The only
> > thing I can point out is that I use the radeon driver rather than
> > radeonhd, but it isn't clear to me if that could somehow impact
> > performance in this area. The only reason that I know of to use
> > radeonhd currently is if you need HDMI audio, otherwise radeon
> > has everything and more.
>
> OK, I learn something every day.   The radeonhd was auto chosen by
> xorg -configure.  But there are couple of other reasons it turns
> out:
>
> * radeonhd-devel conflicts with the xf86-video-ati port, this was
> my first 'try to get it working step'

[SNIP!]

Actually it does not conflict with xf86-video-ati any more:

%tar tf xf86-video-ati-6.12.4.tbz
+CONTENTS
+COMMENT
+DESC
+MTREE_DIRS
man/man4/ati.4x.gz
man/man4/radeon.4x.gz
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ati_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre200_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre200_drv.so
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre_detect_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre_detect_drv.so
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/multimedia/theatre_drv.so
%tar tf xf86-video-radeonhd-devel-1.3.0.20091101.tbz
+CONTENTS
+COMMENT
+DESC
+MTREE_DIRS
man/man4/radeonhd.4x.gz
sbin/rhd_conntest
sbin/rhd_dump
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeonhd_drv.la
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeonhd_drv.so
lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeonhd_drv.a

I believe man/man4/radeonhd.4x was the conflict at some point but we
should remove or limit the conflicts, IMHO.

Jung-uk Kim