Problem with OpenGL and ATI HD3850

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Thu Apr 30 04:34:51 UTC 2009

John Hein wrote:

> Try printing to stderr instead of stdout (or set stdio to be
> unbuffered with setvbuf(3)) - you may be getting farther than you
> think and are getting bitten by stdio buffering.
>
> Also is this threaded?

Tested it:

    void GLSupport::initialiseExtensions(void)
    {
        // Set version string
        const GLubyte* pcVer = glGetString(GL_VERSION);
fprintf(stderr,"100\n");

        assert(pcVer && "Problems getting GL version string using glGetString");
fprintf(stderr,"101\n");
        String tmpStr = (const char*)pcVer;
fprintf(stderr,"102\n");
        LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("GL_VERSION = " + tmpStr);
fprintf(stderr,"103\n");
        mVersion = tmpStr.substr(0, tmpStr.find(" "));
fprintf(stderr,"104\n");

olivleh1 at kartoffel olivleh1> freeorion
unknown chip id 0x9515, can't guess.
100
101
main() caught exception(std::exception): basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

It looks like it is threaded but I'm not sure.

(gdb) file /usr/local/bin/freeorion
Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/freeorion...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/freeorion
[New LWP 100138]
[New Thread 0x8062020b0 (LWP 100138)]
unknown chip id 0x9515, can't guess.
100
101
main() caught exception(std::exception): basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

How can I output whatever glGetString returns?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/