Repeated Xorg crashes with intel driver

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:11:56 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I'm getting repeated crashes in Xorg. It works fine (well, no crashes.)
for a long period before dieing (15 days, then 1 day). The annoying
thing is that after the crashes, it appears the hardware is left in an
unusable state, and I have to reboot to bring X back.

I've uploaded pertinent config files and log files to a server, as I've
never had much luck getting them through the mailing list :)

http://87.194.39.182/fbsd/xorg_crashes/

I'm not running quite the latest versions of the driver, as it gave me
significant performance degradation as an (enforced) non DRI user.

> $ egrep drm\|xorg-server\|intel /root/xorg_crashes/pkg_info.txt
libdrm-2.3.0        Userspace interface to kernel Direct Rendering
Module servi
xf86-video-intel-2.2.1 Driver for Intel integrated graphics chipsets
xorg-server-1.4.2,1 X.Org X server and related programs

So, the first thing I will do is update to the latest versions, and see
if crashes are still reproduced. I may also try Robert Noland's proposed
DRM changes for RELENG_7.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Tom