latest drm patches

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:47:14 UTC 2008


On 10/2/08, Paul B. Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/08, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 23:16 +0200, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
>>> On 10/2/08, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> > On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 22:38 +0200, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
>>> >> On 10/2/08, Robert Noland <rnoland at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> >> > I have made new patch sets for both -CURRENT and -STABLE.  They are
>>> >> > located at:
>>> >> >
>>> >> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-7-100108.patch.bz2
>>> >> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-8-100108.patch.bz2
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Note that if your are using RELENG_7, you will need to be very
>>> >> > current.
>>> >> > i.e. on or after 2008-09-29 16:20:13 -0400.  CURRENT should be at
>>> >> > least
>>> >> > 2008-09-20 15:56:02 -0400.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > This is a re-sync to git master, which seems to address many of the
>>> >> > issues with the intel chipsets < 965.  I'm still not certain exactly
>>> >> > which change fixes them unfortunately.  This update contains a lot
>>> >> > of
>>> >> > code cleanup and is post gem merge (no, we don't have gem support).
>>> >> > It
>>> >> > should prove much easier to read the code now.  A lot of thanks goes
>>> >> > to
>>> >> > vehemens for that work.  I have adapted the code to use cdevpriv for
>>> >> > tracking per open file data, which is the reason that you need
>>> >> > really
>>> >> > current bits to use this patch.  That alleviates the old ugly hack
>>> >> > that
>>> >> > we used to try and accomplish the task and helped to clean up the
>>> >> > open /
>>> >> > close behavior a good bit.  This also replaces the hack that was put
>>> >> > in
>>> >> > place a year or so ago to prevent radeons from locking up with AIGLX
>>> >> > enabled.  I have had a couple of radeon testers report that it still
>>> >> > works as expected, though I no longer have radeon hardware to test
>>> >> > with
>>> >> > myself.  Other various fixes from the linux crew and Intel, many of
>>> >> > which are muddled in with the gem merge.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > I am planning to push this into CURRENT pretty soon, possibly even
>>> >> > sometime tomorrow once I have a chance to discuss with a few others.
>>> >>
>>> >> Wow, something is broken again (glxgears doenst work again). I checked
>>> >> twice (with two versions of agp)
>>> >
>>> > Are you sure that your -CURRENT meets the requirements that I stated?
>>>
>>> FreeBSD dhcppc1 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #6: Sun Sep 28
>>> 11:46:55 CEST 2008
>>
>> Hrm, ok... You say that git from yesterday is working.  I pushed one of
>> the 2 differences last night, so let's try this.
>>
>> cd into your git directory
>> git pull
>> cd bsd-core && make clean && make all install
>>
>> Hopefully that will tell us which one has the issue.
>
> OK:
>
>> git pull
> remote: Counting objects: 7, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
> remote: Total 4 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Unpacking objects: 100% (4/4), done.
> From git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
>    073cb5e..81952c7  master     -> origin/master
> Updating 073cb5e..81952c7
> Fast forward
>  bsd-core/drm_vm.c |   21 ++++++++++++---------
>  1 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
>
> Let we see would this change break something :) ...

It did not, DRI works again.


More information about the freebsd-x11 mailing list