Working fglrx driver on FreeBSD-7

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Fri May 2 13:05:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008 11:55:03 +0200
"Jacques Fourie" <jacques.fourie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Robert Noland <rnoland at 2hip.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 18:19 +0200, Jacques Fourie wrote:
> >  > I tried the radeon driver but somehow couldn't get it to work. If I
> >  > start X the screen displays some strange looking artifacts :). I'll
> >  > give it another go - I'll definitely prefer running the radeon driver
> >  > if possible.
> >
> >  What does pciconf -lv show for your hardware?
> >
> >  robert.
> >

> Here is the relevant output from pciconf.
>
> vgapci0 at pci0:1:0:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x0934103c chip=0x56531002
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
>     device     = 'Mobility Radeon X700'
>     class      = display
>     subclass   = VGA
>
> I tried version 6.8.0 of the radeon driver as well as 6.7.196. I also
> tried various Xorg config settings such as specifying mode lines and
> sync ranges but no luck.

I don't know whether this helps, but the radeon man page states that the
driver supports the X700, but not necessarily the mobility version.
I don't know whether the M26 PCIE is the mobility version or not.

Linux users seem to have lots of problems with this chip too, as revealed
by a quick google search.

---
Gary Jennejohn