recovering from the 6.3 xorg mess

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Mar 25 17:20:00 PDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> At least for me, only 1.9.100 will properly support dual-headed
> displays. I have had no problems with it and I think that, with a
> current ports tree, your will find that Warren's patch to properly get
> BIOS is already included.
>
> In your /var/llog/Xorg.0.log you should see:
> (--) MGA(0): BIOS at 0x80000000
> WB: Reading 128K from /dev/mem address 0xc0000
> (--) MGA(0): Video BIOS info block at offset 0x07700

It's just an interim patch, not part of the xorg-server port.  After
seeing that xorg will be switching to libpciaccess (probably/possibly in
xorg 7.4), I asked for the bug report to be closed.

However, the patch file will hang around in the port files dir
(cvsup/csup won't delete it), so it'll have to be removed when the
xorg-server port changes.