xdpyinfo is broken

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Fri Mar 14 08:47:11 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM, John E Hein <jhein at timing.com> wrote:
> Florent Thoumie wrote at 20:42 +0000 on Mar 13, 2008:
>
>  > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
>   > > We're doing a GNOME 2.22 build, and we get this failure:
>   > >
>   > >  http://www.marcuscom.com/tb/logs/6.3-MarcusCom/xdpyinfo-1.0.2.log
>   > >
>   > >  Looks like xdpyinfo is missing a dependency.
>   >
>   > Can you try to add USE_XORG+="xxf86vm xxf86misc xxf86dga xi xrender
>   > xinerama dmxproto xp"?
>   >
>   > Commit if it works.
>
>  from the log...
>  In file included from xdpyinfo.c:88:
>  /usr/local/include/X11/extensions/XTest.h:50:35: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory
>
>  xdpyinfo has USE_XORG=xext x11 xtst
>
>  libXtst depends on inputproto which should install XInput.h
>
>  It looks like it has listed the dependency to me.
>
>  It looks like Joe's log shows 'pkg_add libXtst-1.0.3.tbz'
>  Did the libXtst install not install XInput.h?

USE_XORG=inputproto will only add inputproto as a build-time
dependency, not a run-time dependency. That means, if you're
installing libXtst via packages, inputproto won't be installed.

LibX11 used to run-depend on inputproto until a couple days ago when I
changed it (as suggested by libX11 configure.ac/x11.pc.in). Xdpyinfo
was lacking some dependencies, including libXi which run-depends on
inputproto.

I already committed a fix for this one.

--
Florent Thoumie