i915 DRI broken after upgrade to 7.0-Release

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Mar 5 17:15:25 UTC 2008

Tom Evans wrote:
 > i810 driver is version 1.6.?
 > The next version of the driver is version 2.0, when it was renamed to
 > intel. The latest 'intel' driver is the latest update of the i810
 > driver.

OK, so that means the the "i810" driver is obsolete, right?
So I deleted the i810 driver and re-installed the intel one.

 > I've attached my config for the intel driver, showing a dual screen
 > setup for my laptop. The DRI has limits on the available virtual screen
 > size, my two screens add up to a virtual of 2680x1050, which is above
 > the maximum of 2048 in any dimension. Basically, if you want DRI, find
 > the "Virtual" portion of the "Screen" and change it to "Virtual 2048
 > 2048". If you need bigger, adjust it appropriately, but you will lose
 > DRI.

My config is a lot simpler.  I don't have dual-screen,
and I don't use a virtual screen (my window manager
already provides unlimited virtual desktops, which I
think is more convenient than xorg's virtual screens).
My resolution is 1400 x 1050.  It did work fine with
pretty much the same configuration before the update.

I've compared your config with mine, but I don't see
any significant difference.  It still doesn't work.
I tried various bit depths, but it only changes the
number in the error message, now it is 0x7d:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x7d

which is, according to xdpyinfo:

    visual id:    0x7d
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    32 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  Here's my configuration:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "X.org Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath		"/usr/local/share/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath	"/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/bitstream-vera/"
	FontPath	"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "GLcore"
	Load  "xtrap"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
	Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "intel"
	VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
	Option      "DRI" "true"
	BoardName   "Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller"
	BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"