capslock led after upgrade to xorg-server-1.4.2,1

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Jun 19 16:10:12 UTC 2008

> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:37:18 +0200
> From: "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda at gmail.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org
>
> It is upstream issue/regression. I liked how it was before ... but
> Xorg devs have different opinion.

Hmm. They have the opinion that busted is good?

This has been annoying for a while. I swap CapsLock with LeftCtrl. I
have done this ever since Microsoft decided to "hide" it down below the
shift key. It has always worked fine, but it "broke" with xorg 7.2
(or maybe 7.3). Now, to get ALT+CTRL to work, I need to press ALT first
and then CTRL, which is not my natural tendancy. It's very annoying.

I have confirmed with xev that all of the press/release events are
proper, so it's something in the processing of the events that is
foobar.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)