capslock led after upgrade to xorg-server-1.4.2,1

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Jun 19 11:36:31 UTC 2008

Maybe this is related to some other port but I strongly believe that
this happened after I upgraded to xorg-server-1.4.2,1.

I have very customized xkb configuration where Caps Lock key is used as
layout switch key and Pause/Break is used for original Caps Lock
functions. I use this configuration for quite a while and everything
used to be ok.

After the upgrade the keys continue to work as expected. The only issue
is that now both Caps Lock and Pause/Break affect state of Caps Lock
LED. And this is quite annoying.

I want to report this issue here first, maybe someone would have an
advice for me what and where to check. However I guess that this is an
upstream issue.

Here's relevant snippets from my XKB config:
partial modifier_keys

xkb_symbols "multi_scrl_caps" {
  replace key <PAUS> { type="ONE_LEVEL", [ Caps_Lock ], actions= [
LockMods(modifiers=Lock) ] };
  replace key <BRK>  { type="ONE_LEVEL", [ Caps_Lock ], actions= [
LockMods(modifiers=Lock) ] };

  replace modifier_map Lock { Caps_Lock };

};

partial modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "caps" {

    replace key <CAPS> {
        type = "CTRL+SHIFT",
        //                  Base,     Ctrl,     Shift
        symbols[Group1] = [ NoSymbol, NoSymbol, NoSymbol ],
        symbols[Group2] = [ NoSymbol, NoSymbol, NoSymbol ],
        symbols[Group3] = [ NoSymbol, NoSymbol, NoSymbol ],
        actions[Group1] = [ NoAction(), LockGroup(group=+1),
LockGroup(group=+2) ],
        actions[Group2] = [ SetGroup(group=+2), LockGroup(group=+1),
LockGroup(group=+2) ],
        actions[Group3] = [ SetGroup(group=+1), LockGroup(group=+1),
LockGroup(group=+2) ]
    };

};

--