'intel' graphics slow on 945G

Novembre novembre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:16:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:55 AM, आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla <wahjava.ml@
gmail.com> wrote:

> ,--[ On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 10:04:00PM -0500, Novembre wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | There is a tutorial on how to run Compiz Fusion on FreeBSD here:
> |
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/compiz-fusion/index.html
> ,
> | but as far as I understood, it is mainly written with nVidia cards in
> | mind. I have an Intel 965G card, and I had to make some changes to make
> | Compiz Fusion work. First of all, I use the intel driver (not the older
> | i810) and XAA (not the default EXA) as the acceleration method, since EXA
> | results in poor performance especially in Firefox. In my xorg.conf, I
> have
> | the following lines:
>
> I was also using intel driver, but with EXA enabled, now I've switched
> to XAA.
>

> | Option   "AIGLX"   "true"
> | in ServerLayout section,
> |
> | Option    "AccelMethod"                         "XAA"
> | Option    "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"     "true"
> | Option    "AddARGBGLXVisuals"           "true"
> | Option    "DRI"                                       "true"
> | in Device section,
> |
> | and at the end of the file, these:
> | Section "DRI"
> |       Mode    0666
> | EndSection
> | Section "Extensions"
> |       Option    "Composite"    "enable"
> | EndSection
> |
> | Then, I before I start Compiz, I run the following commands:
> | LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1; export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT
> | INTEL_BATCH=1; export INTEL_BATCH
> |
> | And I run Compiz with:
> | $ compiz --replace --indirect-rendering --sm-disable ccp &
> | $ emerald --replace &
>
> I've got compiz working[1]. But no change in framerate of glxgears :( .

> Thank you very much.
> --
> Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल
> http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

I'm glad that you have Compiz Fusion running. Unfortunately, I can't help
with the framerate; it's just above my level of expertise. Maybe someone
more experienced could help. By the way, the Compiz Fusion forums (
http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/) are good as well, a lot of knowledgeable
people there...

Good luck