Synaptics touchpad working now

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Wed Jan 30 11:47:34 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 16:38 -0500, Martin Cracauer wrote:
> I couldn't make this work before, in case anybody else has this
> problem: In my Thinkpad R40 I have a touchpad that can use the middle
> mouse button (used not to work in PSM mode) and where the right border
> of the touchpad is a scroll control.
>
> I use a Thinkpad R40, FreeBSD-6.3-stable/i386.
>
> Here's what to do:
> - install Xorg-7.3
> - install usr/ports/x11-drivers/synaptics

Yes, it works for me for some time (several months)

But, sometimes, after boot mouse events does not get from touchpad to X.
Or even worse, touchpad works some time and then stop working.

Anybody get same glitches ? (I have T60).

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: model Synaptics Touchpad, device ID 0

when it failed, it writes something like:
psm0: failed to reset the aux device.
psm0: the aux device has gone! (reinitialize).

or does not write anything. Only way to reset it, I have found - reboot
system

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru