ports/117788: Is impossaible to start X on an ATI x300

Peter Lai cowbert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:50:04 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/117788; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Peter Lai" <cowbert at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, vincenzo at barranco.com, cokane at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/117788: Is impossaible to start X on an ATI x300
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:20:08 -0500

 I cannot reproduce this problem on my platform. I have used a stock
 ports build of x.org 7.2 on FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE with an ATI X300 and
 stock graphics/dri, graphics/libGL, graphics/libdrm of the same
 vintage without any problems. i386 (32-bit)  Platform CPU: Intel(R)
 Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz (3200.13-MHz 686-class CPU) Origin =
 "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf41  Stepping = 1
 Logical CPUs per core: 2
 real memory  = 2146893824 (2047 MB)
 FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 4 CPUs

 I have since upgraded to X.org 7.3 on 6.3-STABLE and cannot reproduce
 this problem. Yes, AIGLX is broken, but this will result in a kernel
 panic, so don't enable it in xorg.conf and you should be fine.

 I would recommend closing ports/117788 as invalid or unreproducible.