[radeonhd] Initial R5xx XAA and EXA support pushed.

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:25:43 PST 2008

Luc Verhaegen schreef:
> While this will allow most R5xx users to already move away from
> shadowFB, it is still not as fast as it could be :) For instance, EXA
> doesn't have accelerated (DMAed) up or download yet, but i hope to make
> this happen soon.
>
> I would like some PPC users to give both XAA and EXA a thorough try. I
> expect at least exa to be broken, as the prepare/finishAccess hooks
> probably need to have their surface offset.
>
> So please give it a spin, and report problems asap :)

Does this require kernel support?  I'm using FreeBSD 7.0-RC1, with this
in the kernel:

device pci
device vga
options VESA
device agp
device drm

The radeondrm driver only seems to support < r400 cards.

Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6 (subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001