Xorg 7.3 xdm reads worng configuration files

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:52:36 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:53:10AM +0600, FaL .etc wrote:
> Hello, I have problem with xdm and found out this message:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2007-September/005169.html
>
> Hi all, after upgrading Xorg to version 7.3 xdm failed to start. A
> short truss revealed that xdm reads its config files in
> /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/ instead of (as expected and done in
> 7.2) /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/. Obviously, x11/xdm/Makefile adds
> "--with-xdmconfigdir=${EXAMPLESDIR}
> --with-xdmscriptdir=${EXAMPLESDIR}" to CONFIGURE_ARGS, which does not
> only control the location of the included examples but also the paths
> where xdm looks for its configuration. I guess this was missed in
> testing because in these days nobody changes his xdm config :) Regards
> Christoph -- Spare Space
>
> I had a look in x11/xdm/Makefile and found out that the argument
> ${EXAMPLESDIR} has not fixed yet. Please tell me how to fix this error to
> make xdm work normally.
>
> Tran Chi Thien.

Uses configuration in /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm here, with xdm-1.1.6_3.
Please check that you are using latest version of the port.
And while it's true that Makefile passes ${EXAMPLEDIR} to configure for
xdmconfigdir and xdmscriptdir, ${REINPLACE_CMD} in post-patch and
post-configure seems to be doing its work :-)

Yuri