problems with radeon/mergedFB after upgrading

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Sun Sep 23 09:37:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

I moved from xorg 7.2 to 7.3 and to the latest ati driver and got a xorg
which keeps my screens cloning, and after exiting my VGA output dead
(read: no console) After using google, the ati driver source and so on I
found out that mergedfb was removed and got replaced by xrandr. I further
find out by trying that "xrandr --output VGA-0 --right-of DVI-0" gives my
my good old "dualhead" setup back. Remaining problems are:

1) I have to type the xrandr line everytime i start my xfce4 - how do I
integrate this xrandr line in my xorg.conf?

2) my console keeps being gone after killing xorg from time to time - how
do I get this fixed?

Please keep my CCed, I'm not subscribed.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/