Xinerama problem with xorg-7.3

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Sep 20 15:44:55 PDT 2007

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:24:15 -0400
> From: "Jonathan Call" <jcall at verio.net>
>
> By chance, are you running Windowmaker?

I'm running Gnome using metacity as the window manager. (This looks
pretty fundamental, so I suspect it is not tied to the wm or much of
anything beyond X. (But I could be wrong.)

My other two screen system is an old Matrox based system, but I have run
into different issues on that one and I don't know if the same behavior
will show up there.

The system that has the problem is running 6.2-stable using nVidia
graphics (GeForce 7800 GTX) and the latest port of nvidia-driver.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)