7.2->7.3 Synaptics cannot be AlwaysCore anymore

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Wed Sep 19 09:50:07 PDT 2007

Another glitch from the 7.2->7.3 update: my Synaptics tough pad stopped
working concurrently with my USB mouse.

For 6.9 or 7.2, this would work:
         InputDevice    "Synaptics_Touchpad" "AlwaysCore"
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

For 7.3, the tough pad does not work and reports:
(**) Synaptics_Touchpad: doesn't report core events

On the Gentoo forum, I found this for 7.3:
         InputDevice    "Synaptics_Touchpad" "CorePointer"
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "SendCoreEvents"

It works -- just in case anyone else is investigating the same problem.

For 7.2, I could reuse my 6.9 xorg.conf with some paths changed, but for
7.3, quite a bit seems to have changed...

Regards,
Jan Henrik