xorg-7.3 and swapped CTRL_L and Caps_Lock

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Sep 18 11:59:04 PDT 2007

> vehemens wrote:
> > There were a couple of xorg-server-1.2 keyboard patches (at_scancode.c and
> > bsd_kbd.c) that might need to be applied in some form to
> > xf86-input-keyboard-1.2.2.
> >
> > Anybody remember what these were for?
>
> Dammit, I forgot to git add them...
>
> Pick up patches in http://dump.xbsd.org/freebsd/kbd/ and drop them in
> xf86-input-keyboard/files/.
>
> I'm waiting for a "works for me" to commit.

Florent,

Sorry, but it doesn't work for me.

I dropped the patches into files and did a portupgrade -f, and restarted
X. No obvious difference. The keyboard LEDs are still dead, the ALT must
be pressed before the CTRL for CTRL-ALT-* operations and, it Gnome has
control of the keyboard (as opposed to X), the CTRL-CapsLock swap only
takes place after bringing up the config tool and re-applying the swap.

I'm sure these patches are supposed to fix something and very well
might, they don't fix the problems I am seeing.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)