Radeon DRI Problems after latest X.org 7.3 update

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Sep 18 09:44:31 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 12:30 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:

> So you've rebuilt and reinstalled graphics/dri, graphics/libGL,
> graphics/libGLU, graphics/libglut ?

Nope.  I just grabbed mesa from freedesktop git and built the
freebsd-dri target.  I then copied the newly libGL.so.1 and r300_dri.so
files into their proper location on my system.

>  Regarding the radeonhd drivers, what
> sort of experience are you finding with those? Does that driver only
> support r500+ ?

Yes, the radeonhd driver only works on r500 and r600 cards.  The card I
tested with (an RV515) is marked as experimental and, as a result, the
driver won't work with it.

In addition, the driver displays some other problems on FreeBSD that the
developers will have to look at (actually, they seem to think it's a
problem with the X server as it happened with avivo as well).  They
developers have the Xorg log files from me and will be getting around to
them eventually :-)

Adam