ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Fri Sep 14 06:26:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 13:07 +0000, flz at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800
>
> State-Changed-From-To: suspended->feedback
> State-Changed-By: flz
> State-Changed-When: Fri Sep 14 13:06:20 UTC 2007
> State-Changed-Why:
> I understand it doesn't work with Mesa 7.0.1 from ports. right?

The original bug with the screen corruption is definitely fixed (though
it doesn't look like there have been many DRM changes in -CURRENT
lately, so I'm not sure what actually fixed it).

I did encounter another, separate problem (which I first thought was
related to the screen corruption), where *most* opengl applications
would just display a black window, but this was resolved by using Mesa
from git.  I know it's a separate bug as I saw this black window problem
on another machine that had always worked previously and never seen the
screen corruption.

I did not open up another pr for this new problem as I knew you were
going to be working on merging in Xorg 7.3 and I thought I'd wait to see
if was a problem afterwards.

Adam