strange behaviour after installing xfce4-wm

Christer Hermansson mail at chdevelopment.se
Sat Sep 8 18:53:16 PDT 2007

Hi.

I always starts X by executing xinit  and in my .xinitrc I have
specified what to start.

I started a xterm window, did a su to become root and then I installed
/usr/ports/x11-wm but hasn't added anything to my ~/.xinitrc so I still
use my old configuration, haven't changed anything in any file so I
still running my old window manager metacity and it works great.

However, when I start a new xterm window the following message now
always popups in the new xterm window:

/usr/local/bin: Permission denied.

** (xfwm4:95506): WARNING **: Another Window Manager is already running

If I become another user, normal user or root, before typing xterm& the
above message doesn't popup in the new xterm window.

I searched for modification time on all files but can't find any file
that has been added or changed in some way by the installation of xfce4-wm.

I guess it's probably som silly little thing, however is there anyone
who can tell me why the xfce4-wm tries to start and why does it try to
execute /usr/local/bin ?

--

Christer Hermansson