X11R7.3 Problems

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Fri Sep 7 01:48:50 PDT 2007

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:31:09 -0700
vehemens <vehemens at verizon.net> wrote:

> Just started to update my system to the 7.3 release and found a couple of
> problems.
>
> Don't have keyboard leds.  Other OS's have fixed the driver, but I don't
> remember seeing a BSD unique patch.
>
> Have a nice black window when running glxgears, frame rate looks reasonable
> however.
>
> Anyone else seen these problems?

I received a black window with glxgears, too, on a radeon x700 and radeon x850. The mesa-demo 'fire' gave me an all white window with the normal text.  Do you get the same thing?  If so, updating mesa to the latest code in git resolved it for me and should do the same for you.

--
Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>