ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Sep 4 03:30:06 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/106370; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, adamk at voicenet.com
Subject: Re: ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on
	a PCIe x800
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 06:05:08 -0400

 FYI, I installed the i386 version on a separate disk and updated it to
 -CURRENT with Xorg 7.2.0.  While I don't get the same distortion at the
 top of the screen as I previously had with direct rendering enabled, all
 opengl applications are simply black.  glxgears, for example, opens up a
 black window with no content.  The same is true for all the mesa demos.

 However, on the amd64 installation, everything is fine.

 Adam