Slow window redraw in nedit

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Tue Oct 30 16:07:28 PDT 2007

I updated an early August FreeBSD-current amd64 system to
today sources via the usual "csup ; make buildworld, ..."
song and dance.  I have the latest Xorg installed (at least
portversion -vl '<' says I'm up-to-date).  The result is
nedit now takes several seconds to redraw a window.  Oddly,
firefox, xfig, knews, and other apps I use do not exhibit this
redrawing problem.

I've tried both the 4BSD and ULE schedulers, and nedit still
draws windows slowly.  I've rebuilt nedit, open-motif, and a
few other X libraries, and still I see slow windows drawing.
I've checked and nedit is not linked against multiple libc
or libpthread libraries.

My graphics chip is an ATI 3D Rage XL built into the Tyan 2882
motherboard.

Anyone else see this type of problem?

--
Steve