Fatal server error: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA 2064W [Millennium] rev 1

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Oct 24 19:50:43 PDT 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, NAKAJI Hiroyuki wrote:

> I'm using FreeBSD/pc98.
>
> After upgrade of xorg to 7.3, xorg-server always fails. Full Xorg.0.log
> is at http://www.heimat.gr.jp/~nakaji/FreeBSD/Ra333/Xorg.0.log
>
> I applied http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/mgapatch/patch-Pci.c-WB, but it
> does not help. I still get "Fatal server error:".

No, I don't think it'll matter much.  Tilman Sauerbeck was looking for
feedback on how the older Matrox cards worked with the new driver:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2007-September/000404.html

I had a 2164 (Millenium II) that didn't work either, which he now has.

The usefulness of these older cards is limited.  Most of them didn't
include much video memory.  My 2164 had only 2M, not enough for 1024x768
at 24-bit.