Wanted - pointers re where to look for keyboard bug.

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Sun Oct 14 11:50:49 PDT 2007

Hello Peter,

Just like some other people on the FreeBSD x11@ list, I'm having a
really strange problem with my Apple USB keyboard in Xorg 7.3 as well:

A lot of times, my 'b' and 'n' keys don't seem to work. I can fix it by
pressing the 'm' button. I can break it again by pressing 'm' as well.
The 'm' button is now a `toggle button-breakage' button, so to speak.

I used the hints you described in:

	http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-October/029136.html

When I run `gdb X' and start an X server and place a break point on
CoreProcessKeyboardEvent(), nothing out of the ordinary happens when a
button seems to work. When running `cont' several times, I see the
correct input show up in an xterm. When I press the 'm' button to wreck
it all, I see the following message show up when I press the 'b' or 'n'
button:

| mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.

I don't see this message when I press a correctly functioning button.

I've CC'd this message to the FreeBSD X11 list as well, hoping that one
of the Xorg and FreeBSD folks can use this information to investigate
this problem more closely.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>