"Makefile", line 85: Could not find /usr/ports/x11/xorg-clients/../../x11-servers/xorg-server/Makefile.inc

User & Robinson greg at ltcc.com
Fri Oct 12 13:48:46 PDT 2007

FreeBSD 6.2 In File UPDATING
20070519:
  AFFECTS: users of Xorg
  AUTHOR: kris at FreeBSD.org

  Welcome, fearless user!  You are about to embark upon a mystical
  journey to the world of xorg 7.2.
... cut

These directions were followed without any detected error(s)

Days later I went to update ports with portupgrade and now receive:
R50e# portmanager -s
portmanager 0.4.1_6: Collecting installed port data
00269 expat-2.0.0_1 /textproc/expat2
00268 pkg-config-0.22 /devel/pkg-config
00267 gmake-3.81_2 /devel/gmake
00266 gettext-0.16.1_3 /devel/gettext
00236 libSM-1.0.3,1 /x11/libSM
00235 libICE-1.0.4,1 /x11/libICE
"Makefile", line 85: Could not
find /usr/ports/x11/xorg-clients/../../x11-servers/xorg-server/Makefile.inc
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
MGdbAdd error: attempt to place null data into record halted
Assertion failed: (0), function MGdbAdd, file MGdbAdd.c, line 78.
Abort (core dumped)

So while I wade through why -- I thought someone may have already encountered
this.

Thanks in advance.
Greg