Xorg hangs with radeon driver

Valerio Daelli valerio.daelli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 01:58:21 PST 2007

Hi

I have a laptop, an Acer TravelMate 2500 with a graphic card ATI Radeon RS300.
I use 7.0-BETA3.
If I generate an xorg.conf with 'Xorg -configure', th generated xorg.conf uses
the radeon driver. If I try it with 'Xorg -config xorg.conf' (or with 'startx')
the laptop hangs with a black screen, I am unable to get a dump or to
switch to DDB.
If I use the driver 'ati' I am able to get X working, but:
1-If I use the VideoRam in the card section the laptop hangs
2-If I specify a DefaultDepth of 16 or 24 it hangs
I tried to disable the AIGLX option, but it does not work.
So I am able to use only an 'ati' driver with DefaultDepth of 8 and no VideoRam.
As attachment you will find my kernel config and my (working) xorg.conf.
Thanks for your help

Valerio Daelli