dependencies out of hand?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Nov 20 06:27:39 PST 2007

On вівторок 20 листопад 2007, Yuri Pankov wrote:
= New xorg-server utilizes sysutils/hal for hardware autodetection, glib20
= and cdrecord are dependencies of hal (can be turned off using
= WITHOUT_HAL). It also needs dbus, polkit and so on. Not sure about gtk.

Thanks, Yuri. But I could trace the dependencies myself. My point was,
something is wrong if an unrelated utility such as cdrecord and a large (and
frequently changing) library such as glib are both /required/ to build the
X-server.

Maybe, the WITHOUT_HAL knob should be more visible... Maybe, it should not
require cdrecord by default.

I don't have a solution -- I'm just pointing out a problem...

	-mi