7.3 ignores

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Nov 19 03:28:59 PST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 10:36:22AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Ihsan Dogan, and lo! it spake thus:

> I've upgrade to X.org 7.3 on my 7.0-BETA2 system. My problem is,
> that the card does only 1152x768 when I start X. I can change to my
> desired resolution 1280x1024 with xrandr, but I don't think that
> this is the right way.
>
> I've put a Matrox G550 and a ATI Radeon 9250 into my system and both
> card showed exactly the same behavior.

I had the same issue with my G450.  Having to use xrandr to change the
res on startup was annoying, but REALLY annoying was that Xv never
used any res other than the 1152x768, so the bottom and right of video
was blued out.  Really cuts into the enjoyment of watching DVD's.

I rolled back to the old xf86-video-mga driver (1.4.6.1_1) and it
works fine.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net