Fatal server error: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA 2064W [Millennium] rev 1

Paul Boehmer paul at pboehmer.com
Thu Nov 15 08:31:53 PST 2007

>> > You might just contact him directly.  I think he'd be interested in
>> > your results.

>> I sent an email to him. And I heard from him

>> o MGA 2064W is not working now
>> o latest randr-1.2 branch of xf86-video-mga may have a hope

>> So, I'm now testing the randr-1.2 branch codes. Thanks.

>I tried randr-1.2 branch of xf86-video-mga but it was not success.
>X works, it sets the display size 304x203, but no root window is
>displayed. My Xorg.log files and xorg.conf are available at
>http://heimat.jp/~nakaji/FreeBSD/Ra333/

>Finally, I gave up Xorg 7.3 and downgraded to Xorg 7.2. And I added many
>packages as HOLD_PKGS in pkgtools.conf.
>--
>NAKAJI Hiroyuki

I came across this thread when I encountered the fatal server issue
described above on one of the systems I upgraded to Xorg 7.3.  I have a
couple of systems that use these cards as secondary displays in multihead
configurations because they just worked.

I would be more than happy to do some testing (may need a little hand
holding).  I am not subscribed to the list, so please cc me.

I realize that support for these cards will not last forever, so I would
be interested in hearing what AGP/PCI combinations people are using for
their multihead configuration.

--
Paul Boehmer