Stuck compiling xf86ScanPci?

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Fri May 25 18:19:37 UTC 2007

I have a weird problem compiling xorg-server on a recent 7-current on
i386 with gcc 4.2: the process is stuck compiling xf86ScanPci.c, the
compiler is just doing nothing, consuming more and more memory.

I've found another report about the same problem
(http://groups.google.com/group/muc.lists.freebsd.current/msg/1aa3a12054dae07f)
but without solution.

All this is done on a fresh machine, with all packages deleted
previously (pkg_delete -a). All previous dependencies were compiled
without problems. I tried toggling compile flags in the hope it's a
trivial compiler bug but it didn't help.

(Compiling xorg 7.2 on a another machine, running 6.2, went fine).