xkb and Ctrl+Shift in xorg 7.2

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Tue May 22 14:36:52 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I have three layouts in xorg.conf:

        Option "XkbRules"       "xorg"
        Option "XkbModel"       "pc105"
        Option "XkbLayout"      "us,ru,ua"
        Option "XkbVariant"     ",winkeys,winkeys"
        Option "XkbOptions"     "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

After upgrade to 7.2 I've noticed that the behavior of ctrl_shift_toggle
was changed.

In 6.9.0 release of XOrg combination 'RightCtrl + RightShift' changes group
to the next in circle, i.e. us->ru->ua->us->ru ... And combination
'LeftCtrl + LeftShift' changes group to the previous and does not change
group if current is us, i.e. ua->ru->us->us ...

In 7.2 release combination 'LeftCtrl + LeftShift' turned it's behavior
and now changes group to the previous in circle, i.e. ua->ru->us->ua->ru...

My question is how to get the old behavior of combination 'LeftCtrl + LeftShift'?
It was very nice to get 'us' as current layout after pressing
'LeftCtrl + LeftShift' multiple times.

Thanks in advance,
		Alexander.