xorg 7.2 start problem

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 22 03:54:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 11:04:36PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:23:29PM -0700, Andriy Babiy wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > To upgrade xorg, I followed the procedure described in
> > the /usr/ports/UPDATING file. The build went smooth, without any build
> > errors. At the merge step, the script complained about mime.info files, so
> > I made backup copy of those and deleted the duplicates.
> > But after reboot I cannot start X. On that machine, I use xfce4. When I
> > issue startxfce4, I receive messages that modules kbd, mouse, and mga
> > haven't been found.
> > During the build I didn't see any errors; presumably, it's a configuration
> > error. Could you advise me on where I should look for an error?
> > It's i386 machine, with 6.2 stable. The Xorg.0.log file is enclosed. Errors
> > are at the end pf the file.
> > Thank you very much in advance!

As Kris said,  (though I snipped it) it sounds like you didn't install
 the full xorg, which would have included all drivers.  However, you
could try, from /usr/ports/x11-drivers installing

xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-mouse
xf86-video-mga

and see if that solves that particular problem.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Oh, hey, do you want to come to our place for
dinner? Mom's making her famous phone call to the Chinese place.
Willow: Xander, do you guys even have a stove?